Bloomingdale HD

Address

Bounded by Florida Avenue on the south, North Capitol Street on the east, McMillan Reservoir on the north, and 2nd Street on the west.

Bloomingdale’s rowhouses are not only remarkably intact, but are substantial in size and materials (primarily brick with some stone) and offer quality design and craftsmanship. Built almost entirely between 1892 and 1916, the rowhouses are most commonly the product of teams of developers, builders, and architects. The rhythm of repeating and alternating projecting bays, turrets, and rooftop ornaments of the late 19th-century examples, and the front porches and dormer windows of the early 20th-century ones, give the urban neighborhood its human scale and its exceptionally rich visual quality.

Current Status:

Pending Hearing

Date Nominated:

August 2017

Share
Tweet
Share