19th Street and Massachusetts Avenue, NE
Completed in 1932 as the Gallinger Hospital Nurses Residence, this stately building was later named for philanthropist Anne Archbold. This brick building with limestone trim housed the Capital City School of Nursing until 1972, when the school closed. The building remained in use until recently, as office space for the DC Department of Health. Anne Archbold Hall is one of the oldest remaining structures on the DC General Hospital campus where health care service have been provided to residents of the District of Columbia of over 150 years. The National Library of Medicine regards the entire DC General campus as a Medical Historic Site.