2146 Georgia Avenue, NW
The Bond Bread building was completed in 1930, its distinguished design standing out from other contemporary factory buildings in the city. When construction began in 1929, the Bond Bread Factory was a state-of-the-art building designed by an experienced bakery architect, C.B. Comstock. His design mixes elements of the popular art deco in its verticality and stepped façade, as well as the stripped classicism so at home in federal Washington. In 2013 the building was added to the DC Inventory of Historic Sites.